Spicy Thai Mango Salad featuring fresh flavors of mango, cucumber, carrot and cilantro tossed in a flavorful spicy, sweet and savory dressing!
Full of fresh flavors including mango, cucumber, carrots, tomato, cilantro and topped with a simple dressing that is lightly sweet, salty and spicy, it’s a bit of everything and will leave you feeling light and energized!
This Thai mango salad recipe is inspired by Som Tam salad, a very popular salad in Thailand using unripe green papaya. This is my version using ripe mango in place of green papaya, along with cucumber, carrots and tomatoes. And it’s terrific!
Staying close to the traditional Som Tam of Thailand is the spiciness, saltiness and sweetness of the dressing. It’s easy to make and comes together beautifully. You may even find it to be quite addicting!
- English cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- cashews or peanuts – optional
- tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos
- coconut sugar – or sugar of choice, pure maple syrup is great too
- red pepper flakes – or dash of sriracha
How To Make Thai Mango Salad
- Start by making the spicy dressing. Whisk together the tamari, sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes and lime juice in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing or serving bowl, add the prepared mango, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, and cilantro (shown above). Pour the spicy Thai dressing overtop and toss to coat (shown below).
- Now you are ready to serve!
- Serve in individual bowls with a squeeze of lime overtop and more red pepper flakes to taste.