Many people have a habit of drinking milk in the morning and the most used milk is cow’s milk or soy milk. However, in recent years, another type of milk is also being favored by many people because of its health and ease of drinking, which is almond milk.
Almond milk originates from Central Europe, is an ancient drink that has been popular in Europe and America for a long time. It has only recently gained attention in Asia and is considered a milk substitute for people who are lactose intolerant.
However, did you know that almond milk actually has more benefits than you think.
Almond milk, like soy milk, is plant-based milk, it is made from almonds. It is now considered a milk substitute for lactose intolerant patients and its nutritional value is also very high. Besides, it also has anti-aging effects, inhibits bad cholesterol, prevents arteriosclerosis, high blood pressure, eliminates fatigue but has very few calories.
Almond milk is made from almonds, which are known as natural vitamins for the following reasons:
- Contains 300 times more vitamin E than sesame seeds, which have the effect of removing active oxygen from the body and have excellent anti-aging effects.
- 9 times more fiber than cabbage, has the effect of improving constipation, helping to straighten the intestines and excrete toxins accumulated in the body.
- 70% of the lipids in almonds are oleic acid. The oleic acid content is 1.8 times that of sesame. Oleic acid can inhibit bad cholesterol and prevent lifestyle diseases like hardening of the arteries and hypertension.
- Rich in minerals, it is easy to supplement calcium and iron that women are easily deficient in, both for health care and for beauty.
- Rich in vitamin B2, which eliminates eye strain and physical fatigue, and helps to burn fat.
In particular, almond milk has less calories than cow’s or soy milk. With the same amount is 200ml. Cow’s milk provides 134kcal, unprocessed soy milk is 95kcal while unsweetened almond milk is only 30kcal.
With such great nutritional values, Japan’s health news site Japan Health encourages everyone to drink almond milk in the morning, which is both beneficial for health and helps women lose weight and beautify.